Instacart delivers alcohol for select retailers and markets. You can check availability in your area on our app or website.
Some legal restrictions apply to alcohol orders—
- Customers must be 21 or older to order alcohol items and provide an approved photo ID showing their birthdate at delivery.
- We can’t add alcohol special requests.
- If an alcohol item is out of stock, your shopper will contact you to get approval for a replacement. If the shopper doesn’t get approval, they’ll refund the items.
- Shoppers can only add alcohol to replace other alcoholic items.
Shoppers must deliver to customers 21 or older. Your shopper will verify your age and scan the front and/or back of your ID when they deliver. In some cases, the shopper can also enter your information manually. Your information isn’t stored on shoppers’ personal devices.
Special restrictions include—
- Manual ID entry isn’t available for orders in California, or for Costco or Walmart orders nationwide.
- We can’t deliver alcohol to visibly intoxicated persons or leave alcohol unattended.
- We can’t deliver alcohol if the customer doesn’t meet all delivery requirements. In these cases, we refund the alcohol and return it to the store. The customer may still be charged delivery fees, bottle deposit fees, or the tip.
Valid forms of identification (ID)
Instacart accepts these valid forms of ID for alcohol deliveries—
- United States-issued driver's license with photo
- United States-issued military ID
- State-issued identification card
- United States-issued passport*
*Instacart doesn’t accept passports for most orders in California, or for Costco or Walmart orders nationwide.
Please note— Instacart temporarily accepts expired drivers licenses and state IDs for alcohol if—
- The ID expired on or after March 1, 2020 AND the customer is 35 or older (in all states except California and New York), OR
- The customer is 65 or older, regardless of the state or expiration date